Junior Electrical Designer
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you motivated and creative?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Toronto office is seeking a Junior Electrical Designer/Building Analyst to join their growing team! The Junior Electrical Designer will have a high level of operating knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, as well as specific building services design experience. Initiative and inclination to learn are essential in this role as well as attention to detail.
The individual will receive and execute instructions from intermediate and senior staff and be responsible and accountable for completing the assigned tasks with the required level of quality on schedule under the senior staff’s guidance and supervision.
- AutoCAD/Revit Operator
- Provide production assistance to the Design Staff as follows:
- Set up AutoCAD drawing files including digitizing and cleaning up working drawings
- Power, lighting, IT, Fire Alarm drafting as per mark-ups provided by Design Staff
- Ensure Integral design checklist (drawing standards section) is being followed
- Ensure Integral’s AutoCAD and Revit Standards are being followed
- Assist with printing and uploading files for milestone deadlines
- Detailed check of work prior to returning finished product to Designer
- Attend site surveys for as-built condition with senior staff
- University degree, college/technology diploma in Electrical Engineering or other applicable area
- Minimum 1-2 years AutoCAD/Revit experience coupled with some design experience in Electrical systems
- Able to read Architectural, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical drawings with supervision provided by senior staff
- Basic knowledge of electrical building services Engineering Codes & Standards
- Working knowledge of Power, Lighting, Fire Alarm, IT design
- Understanding of fundamentals of electrical systems and Building Challenge, WELL Building Standard, Fitwel, Passive House etc
- Basic holistic understanding of global sustainability issues in our society at large as well as current best practices in sustainable building design
Basic understanding of resources and energy fundamentals, ecology, economy, passive building design principles and active building systems
Basic understanding of certification processes for the latest sustainable building rating systems
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Office)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Pragmatic and analytical, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and be a team player
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world. For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies.
We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities