- Are you a team player with the ability to maintain information technology systems and processes?
- Are you motivated and creative?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Washington, D.C. office is seeking an System Administrator to help support the design of cutting edge, deep green buildings. We are Integral Group – one of the top green engineering firms in the world.
If you're the right person, you'll primarily provide help desk support (end user support) to all Integral Group offices as well as server support and assistance with growing the IT infrastructure of the company. We currently have 400 employees in 15 offices across the US, UK, Australia, and Canada, and we are continuing to grow.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help desk support for users
- Design, plan and implement variety of technologies both on premise and with cloud services
- Operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks, and information systems
- Manage change projects, follow change management principles and communicate issues and upcoming maintenance windows
- Monitor all systems and plan for capacity
- Perform and verify all system backups and overall system integrity
- Provide third level support and help Desktop support resolve issues
- Provide recommendations on best System Administration practices
- Establish and enforce best security practices
- Document procedures, architecture and all other aspects of the Information System environment
- Maintain multiple offices/server rooms
- Provide users with a positive customer service experience
- A degree in Information Technology, or equivalent experience and education
- Deep technical skills in all aspects of System Administration
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the capacity of a System Administrator
- 8-10 years IT experience with increasing responsibility
- Advanced skills in the management of Windows servers, active directory, dns, dhcp and other Microsoft operational technologies, Storage technologies
- Advanced skills in networking including complete knowledge of IP, LAN, WLAN, routing, firewalls, IPS, IPSec and SSL VPN
- Direct experience in Sonicwall and Cisco
- Advanced skills in Citrix, VDI, Xen App and Xen Desktop
- Experience and skills in administrating MS SQL server, databases and IIS
- Experience and work with Exchange, Sharepoint and Office365 - knowledge of transfers into Office 365 is an asset
- Great attention to detail and the ability to manage deadlines
- Knowledge of IT related systems solutions including management of CRM, ERP, and other databases
- Experience in managing VoIP phone systems
- Good vendor management skills
- Proficiency in coaching/teaching
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Revit and similar design software is an asset
- Environmentally minded with an understanding of energy and climate change issues
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities