MEP Electrical Design Engineer (PE Required)
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you a motivated and creative MEP Electrical Design Engineer?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Los Angeles office is seeking an experienced MEP Electrical Design Engineer to help lead the design of cutting edge, deep green buildings.
If you’re the right person, you’ll help design electrical systems including electrical power distribution, lighting, daylighting, renewable energy, communications, security, and fire alarm systems for sustainable higher education, science & technology, healthcare, mission critical, and commercial building projects.
- Design of electrical systems
- Short circuit calculations
- Equipment selection
- Developing system narratives (writing, organizing the document, develop images)
- CAD/BIM design (basic familiarity required only)
- Coordinate electrical system design with architects and other consultants
- Writing specifications
- Review own work to ensure accuracy (rather than depend on peer review)
- Help teach and train junior engineers
- Interact and work with diverse set of clients and subcontractors
- Manage project workflow and organization
- Direct design decisions for electrical and low voltage system designs
- Oversee construction phase of project (answer RFIs, review submittals, etc)
- Conduit site visits during construction
- 10+ years of experience in MEP consulting
- PE License
- Knowledge of Revit (advanced/expert familiarity only)
- Experience with power, lighting, and low voltage (telecom, data, fire alarm, etc) systems
- Excellent communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident
- Excellent background in client engagement and management
- Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills
- Able to meet deadlines and communicate with team around deliverable schedules
- LEED AP
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or other similar field
- Experience with BIM
- Experience with sustainable design
Trust. Nurture. Inspire.
We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities