Principal Electrical Engineer
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
Do you enjoy creating exceptional results from challenging opportunities?
Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and personal accountability?
Integral Group is seeking a passionate, business-savvy, and sustainability-oriented engineers to establish and grow our practice in Sydney, Australia.
This is a position for someone who is excited by the opportunity to pioneer and secure Integral Group’s position in the local market and bring our vision and values to a new clientele.
You will bring a high degree of professional ethics and genuine passion for the company’s mission. You will set the cultural tone that cultivates and maintains a working environment where our principles of “Trust, Nurture, and Inspire” guide daily behaviours.
Working with our leadership team, you will develop and execute a strategic, multi-year business plan outlining the growth and trajectory of the Australia practice. You have a palpable desire to tackle design opportunities and challenges enthusiastically and pragmatically, to ensure quality is the cornerstone of every project delivery. Through your passion, conviction and commitment, you will establish Integral Group as the leader in deep green engineering and design in Australia and beyond.
Integral Group offers a competitive salary, performance-related bonus and comprehensive benefits.
The Associate Principal / Principal:
- Works with Integral’s Management Team to control and coordinate business development, sales/marketing, team targets, team personnel, technical design and related activities
- Develops, establishes, and administers procedures and systems pertaining to team management matters
- Prepares work load, sales forecasts and team resources/schedule for administrative and managerial functions
- Serves as the principle liaison with selected clients or major projects
- Upholds and maintains Integral Group design standards and will be responsible for engineering, specifications, documentation, standardization, quality assurance, cost and value analysis and the broader aspects of building services (plus role of Managing Consultant as required)
- Is fully responsible and accountable for their design team
- Reviews staffing regularly and distributes tasks effectively and consistent with staff skill sets
- Works with Human Resources and makes recommendations for staff hiring, terminations, and issues related to performance discipline
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Planning project resources, maintaining schedules and budget
- Project Management Experience
- Mentoring and sharing work experience knowledge for the benefit of other employees and the office
- Collaboration in multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners
- Active listening skills and the ability to resolve conflict within teams and client
- Ability to provide electrical design and performance specifications for lighting, lighting controls, power and low voltage system
- Engineering calculations, equipment sizing and selection for low, medium and high voltage systems
- Developing master and project specifications
- Superior interpersonal skills with clients and staff
- Surveying and evaluating existing conditions
- Construction administration
- Upholds, lives, and delivers the core values of the company
- Other tasks as needed to ensure timely and thorough support to our clients
- 3+ years management and leadership experience in a MEP consulting environment
- 10+ years Electrical Systems Design and/or PM experience in a MEP consulting firm
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree is an asset
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Practical knowledge of building, electrical, fire codes and standards
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Team management skills
- Green Star Accredited Professional or Green Star Associate
- Experience with sustainable design
- Working knowledge of Navis Works and SKM software
- Knowledge and experience with medium voltage and on-site power generation systems
Trust. Nurture. Inspire.
We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities