SENIOR DESIGNER - ELECTRICAL
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you motivated and creative?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group is growing and so is our Electrical Design Team. The Senior Designer is an experienced Electrical Engineer. They are a team player with the ability to receive and execute instructions from the Project Manager/Team Leader with minimal supervision. The individual has specific building services design experience in LV, HV, control and lighting schematic systems for high-rise residential, commercial and institutional buildings. Excellent communication skills are required. The incumbent is responsible for directing and supervising Junior and Intermediate Designers within their team.
- Provide technical assistance to the Team Leader/Project Manager as follows:
- Set up and maintain design file
- Perform Cable calculations
- Perform Lighting modelling
- LV, HV, control and lighting schematic design layout and final design with minimal supervision
- Ensure Integral design checklist is being followed
- Ensure Integral AutoCAD Standards are being followed
- Final motor list review or preparation
- Prepare or confirm all equipment selections using Integral selection procedures
- Coordinate electrical and mechanical requirements with other disciplines involved in the project
- design team (i.e. Architects, Structural Consultants, Code Consultants, Geotechnical Consultants, etc.)
- Co-ordinate or confirm service requirements/connections with the respective utility and municipal agencies
- Attend project progress meetings, provide updates for Project Manager and/or PIC (including field reviews to monitor project construction status)
- Attend field reviews/meetings with clients
- Review/supervise drafting, prepare/review markups
- Assist with fee proposal preparation
- Maintain client relations
- Minimum two (2) years AutoCAD experience coupled with five-plus (5+) years design experience in LV, HV, control and lighting systems.
- Ability to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings with minimal supervision
- Ability to apply prescriptive requirements of electrical building services engineering codes
- Ability to perform accurate detailed site surveys
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both inside and outside the office
- Proficiency in coaching/teaching
- Able to “sketch” ideas
- Able to communicate ideas effectively in meetings with architects and consultants
- Professional Engineer (PEng), Applied Science Technologist (AScT), or EIT designations are highly preferred
- LEED® Accredited Professional designation is an asset
You are results oriented, enjoy challenging opportunities, have a positive attitude, are resourceful; and have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and sense of responsibility. Integral Group is a dynamic, forward-thinking company with a great team environment and welcomes applications from like-minded individuals.
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
If you believe you have the above-mentioned qualifications and experience, we want to hear from you! Qualified and interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities