MEP Mechanical Design Engineer / PM
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you a motivated and creative Mechanical Design Engineer?
- Do you have great PM experience?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Oakland office is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer PM to help lead the design of cutting edge, deep green buildings.
If you’re the right person, you’ll lead the design of mechanical systems for sustainable higher education, science & technology, healthcare, mission critical, and commercial building projects.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of design experience in HVAC and Plumbing systems in an MEP consulting firm
- 1+ years of PM experience
- Able to read Architectural, Structural, Civil, Electrical drawings with minimal supervision
- Able to apply prescriptive requirements of applicable codes
- Able to perform accurate detailed site surveys
- Experience designing mechanical systems, performing load calculations and selecting equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both inside and outside the office
- Proficiency in coaching/teaching
- Able to “sketch” ideas and convey high-level approach
- Able to communicate ideas effectively in meetings with architects and consultants
- Thorough understanding of results of energy modeling and calculations
- Excellent communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident
- Creative thinker
- Outstanding collaboration skills
- BS Architectural Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree is an asset but will consider those without degrees
- MS or equivalent degree is an asset
- PE license is highly preferred
- LEED AP
- Experience with BIM (especially Revit)
- Sustainable design experience
- Environmentally minded with an understanding of energy and climate change issues
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities