Experienced Office Manager, Architecture / Engineering / Construction
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Do you have administrative experience in architecture, design/engineering, or construction?
- Do you having experience managing people?
- Are you a people person?
- Is delivering high quality customer service important to you?
- Do you have a passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Are you exceedingly detail oriented, meticulously precise, and exceptionally organized?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to our team?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Oakland office is seeking an exceptional, experienced Office Manager to help support the design of cutting edge, deep green buildings. We are Integral Group – one of the top green engineering firms in the world.
If you're the right person, you'll own the organization and oversight of the Support Services Team in our U.S. West region (Oakland, San Jose and LA) including Project Coordination, Office Management, Reception and other administrative support. You'll manage the day-to-day activities of the team, anticipating future projects and adapting processes and procedures as necessary. You'll take responsibility for the organization and provision of excellent internal customer service, ensuring that our engineering teams receive outstanding support. In addition, you'll be a critical member of our larger global Support Services Team, ensuring communication and coordination between functions.
- Supervise, provide guidance and support the day-to-day operations of the 6-person US West Admin Team (Project Coordinators and Receptionists/Admin Assistants) and workload assigned to the Admin staff
- Assist with hiring and HR matters related to Admin staff
- Train new Admin staff and respond to day-to-day questions regarding office administration duties/tasks
- Oversee and manage the following office operations which are performed by the Admin Team:
- Building/tenant issues
- Registration and payment of staff seminars/events
- Greeting visitors
- Mail and courier packages
- Meeting room bookings/calendars
- Conference room maintenance
- Company contact database
- Bin runs
- Lunch and learn seminar coordination
- General reception maintenance
- Assist with HR, Accounting, Marketing, and Project Coordination tasks as needed
- Provide backup reception relief where required
- Own all service interactions with the engineering teams and the other functional areas
- Provide administrative project assistance and support to assigned production teams, including but not limited to:
- Prepare, word process, edit, format and proofread Integral documents using standard templates
- Sort, organize and file team documents
- Set up new project file folders/binders
- Sort, track and stamp all shop drawings
- Scan, copy, print, fax documents
- Attend team meetings and take minutes/notes
- Minimum of 5 years progressive work experience in an Administrative role in an Engineering/Consulting Engineering environment
- Previous experience managing a team
- High School Diploma
- Highly proactive, organized, able to prioritize and multi-task; able to plan and execute tasks to meet deadlines
- Mature attitude and professional demeanor; able to maintain composure and to exercise diplomacy when required to resolve problems
- Strong computer skills including excellent Microsoft Office knowledge
- Highly detail oriented and takes pride in the standards set; will take initiative to exceed expectations
- Excellent written communication skills including business writing
- Excellent telephone manner, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and responsible; able to work effectively within a team as well as independently
- Able to respond to challenges and to embrace continuous improvement
- Highly proactive, organized, able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- University/College education highly preferred
- Working knowledge of Deltek Vision preferred
- Familiarity with Desktop Publishing software is an asset
- Environmentally minded with an understanding of energy and climate change issues
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities