MEP Electrical Design Engineer (3-7 years experience, PE)
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you a motivated and creative Electrical Engineer?
- Do you have 3-7 years of MEP consulting experience?
- Do you have MEP Project Management experience?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Richmond, VA office is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to help lead the design cutting edge, deep green buildings.
If you're the right person, you'll help lead the design of electrical systems including electrical power distribution, lighting, daylighting, renewable energy, communications, security and fire alarm systems for high-performance buildings in the Commercial, Higher Education, Science & Technology, Hospitality and Healthcare market sectors. Projects will typically pursue higher levels of LEED certification (Gold, Platinum), Net Zero Energy, WELL, and/or Living Building Challenge and range in size from 5,000 to over 1M square feet.
In this Richmond office of our global 400-person MEP firm, our team has an entrepreneurial spirit and on each project we challenge ourselves to design a better-performing building, not to default to the status quo or conventional models.
- Collaborate in multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners
- Plan project resources, maintaining schedules and budget
- Active listening skills and the ability to resolve conflict within teams and client
- Able to provide electrical design and performance specifications for lighting, lighting controls, power and low voltage systems
- Engineering calculations, equipment sizing and selection for low, medium and high voltage systems
- Develop master and project specifications
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions
- Construction administration
- Mentoring and sharing work experience knowledge for the benefit of other employees and the office
- Other tasks as needed to ensure timely and thorough support to our clients
- 3-7 years of Electrical Design experience in an MEP consulting firm
- Professional Engineering (PE) License
- MEP Project Management experience will be considered an asset
- BS Architectural Engineering, BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree is an asset but will consider those without degrees
- Proficiency in Revit
- Practical knowledge of building, electrical, fire codes and standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident
- Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills
- Prioritizes effectively in the face of shifting projects and deadlines
- LEED credential is desired
- Experience with sustainable design
- Knowledge and experience with medium voltage and on-site power generation systems
- Environmentally minded with an understanding of energy and climate change issues
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities