Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you a people person?
- Is delivering high quality customer service important to you?
- Do you have 5+ years of HR Generalist experience, providing supporting to staff in multiple locations?
- Do you have a passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Are you exceedingly detail oriented, meticulously precise, and exceptionally organized?
- Are you able to effectively plan and prioritize long and short-term goals?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a self-motivated, resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to our team?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Oakland office is seeking an exceptional HR Manager to help support the design of cutting edge, deep green buildings. We are Integral Group – one of the top green engineering firms in the world.
If you're the right person, you'll work closely with the Global HR Director on benefits management, recruitment, onboarding, training & development, performance management, retention and special projects. You'll craft cutting edge, sustainable human practices and policies as well as effective, scalable processes as we continue to grow.
You'll serve 160 employees across our 8 US offices, maintaining a productive, professional and dynamic culture in alignment with our company values: Trust, Nurture and Inspire.
In addition, you'll be a critical member of our larger global People Team, which supports 400 employees across 14 offices in 3 countries (US, UK and Canada).
- Manage US benefits including plan renewals, fielding employee questions/issues, Open Enrollment and compliance requirements
- Work closely with the HR Coordinator and hiring managers to support the full-cycle recruitment process
- Act as point of contact to answer questions related to personnel, policies, company practices and employment matters in a timely fashion for staff in all 8 US locations
- Prepare and administer new hire orientations
- Process terminations
- Enter employee information into internal systems/tracking documents
- Produce employee documents (i.e., promotion/salary increase letters) and internal HR correspondence
- Create and maintain employee files
- Assist with immigration applications
- Update job descriptions and policies/manuals as required
- Organize semi-annual employee performance reviews
- Send out End of Probation reminders/documents to Team Leaders
- Manage People Department information on Company intranet
- Keep up-to-date on changes in employment law
- Attend ongoing training and professional development courses
- Additional duties and tasks as required
- 3-7 years of experience as an HR Generalist providing support to staff in multiple locations
- Post-secondary degree/diploma/certificate specializing in human resources or related area
- Working knowledge of relevant state and federal employment legislation including: employment standards legislation for California, Washington, Texas, Georgia and Virginia; privacy law, occupational health and safety, and some knowledge of contract and case law as it pertains to employment best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of each of the key areas of HR provision including but not limited to: recruitment & selection, compensation & benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, personal & career development, retention, termination, policy & process, etc.
- Experience and knowledge about effective recruitment practices
- Deep understanding of workplace culture and supportive policy creation
- Ability to produce quality documents confidentially, quickly and to company standards
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers and clients, internally and externally
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills; approachable and consistent in dealings with employees
- Ultra-professional 'executive' presence; calm demeanor who neutralizes crisis; high level of self-awareness
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and general administration systems and procedures
- Organized with exceptional prioritization skills and the ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- Ability to work effectively within a group with 'team spirit' as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Experience in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry, professional services firm, consulting engineering or a related engineering or technical discipline is highly preferred
- Experience with Jazz or a similar ATS is preferred
- Familiarity with Deltek Vision is an asset
- Passion for sustainable human performance, wellness and healthy workplaces
- Environmentally minded with an understanding of energy and climate change issues
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities