Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Do you have reception or customer service experience?
- Are you a people person?
- Is delivering high quality customer service important to you?
- Do you have a passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Are you exceedingly detail oriented, meticulously precise, and exceptionally organized?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to our team?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Oakland office is seeking a highly professional and friendly Receptionist / Administrative Assistant to help support the design of cutting edge, deep green buildings. We are Integral Group – one of the top green engineering firms in the world.
If you're the right person, you'll be the first point of contact for our clients and visitors while also assisting with office maintenance and admin-related functions.
- Answer inbound calls quickly (within 3 ring cycles), professionally and courteously
- Perform all switchboard tasks including transferring/parking calls, inter-office paging and announcements, and directing calls to voice mail
- Maintain and update continuous log of staff availability and meeting room bookings/calendars
- Greet all visitors to the office and offer beverages
- Notify staff members by phone of visitors
- Receive and send courier packages
- Sort and stamp all incoming mail
- Sign out and set-up/maintain/cleanup meeting rooms
- Maintain company contact database
- Prepare bin runs and sort documents in preparation for filing
- General reception maintenance (i.e. tidy reception desk, open office, post office hours)
- Assist with maintenance of all current and archived project and accounting filing systems
- Assist with maintenance all reference and codes/standards libraries in the office
- Handle all building/tenant issues including security, building cards, keys and janitorial issues and general maintenance issues around the office
- Maintain upstairs and downstairs kitchen areas
- Coordinate weekly Lunch & Learns including scheduling, catering and staff notifications
- Fax, scan, photocopy documents, word processing using standardized office templates, data entry and any other admin tasks as assigned from staff
- Daily mail retrieval and delivery of incoming correspondence and packages to staff via bin runs
- Assist with overall office maintenance ensuring that all public office areas are clean and tidy, adequately supplied, and equipment running smoothly. This includes ordering office supplies and troubleshooting equipment failures and/or having equipment serviced.
- Assist with obtaining equipment and furniture quotes, ordering equipment, and office organization
- Word processing of various correspondence and documents using Integral standard templates
- Manage, and coordinate with, and order from various vendors and suppliers to ensure office is properly stocked with supplies
- Make travel arrangements, including airfare, hotel and rental car ( interface with corporate travel agency)
- Overflow Project Assistant work as required
- General administrative duties as required or assigned by your manager
- A minimum of 1 year reception, customer service or related experience
- High School Diploma
- Excellent telephone manner, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to provide a poised, professional, warm and welcoming front desk presence
- Mature, responsible, dependable and punctual
- Customer-service oriented
- Professionalism in handling confidential situations and materials
- Able to work well with others and interact with all levels of the organization
- Highly proactive, organized, able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs for event setup (ice, beer, wine, furniture, etc.)
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office knowledge
- Typing speed of 50+ wpm
- University/College education highly preferred
- Working knowledge of Deltek Vision preferred
- Familiarity with Desktop Publishing software is an asset
- Environmentally minded with an understanding of energy and climate change issues
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities