MEP Mechanical/HVAC Design Engineer (0-2 years experience)
(Los Angeles, CA)
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you motivated and creative?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Los Angeles, CA office is seeking an entry level Mechanical Design Engineer to help design cutting edge, deep green buildings.
If you're the right person, you'll help design HVAC and Plumbing systems for high-performance buildings in the Commercial, Higher Education, Science & Technology, Hospitality and Healthcare market sectors. Projects will typically pursue higher levels of LEED certification (Gold, Platinum), Net Zero Energy, WELL, and/or Living Building Challenge and range in size from 5,000 to over 1M square feet.
- With guidance and oversight from the Senior Design Staff, provide assistance as follows:
- Produce drawings based on markups
- Work with manufacturer’s sales representatives to get equipment selections based on engineering criteria provided
- Implement BIM standards and ensure they are being followed throughout drawing production
- Compile content of design reports and presentations
- Layout of piping and ductwork
- Coordinate mechanical requirements with other trades
- Provide construction administration services
- Customize equipment and installation details to project needs
- Perform engineering calculations
- Perform initial review of construction submittals and RFIs
- Accompany Design Staff on site visits for documentation of existing systems/conditions, and for review of system installation compliance with contract documents
- 0-2 years of Mechanical Design experience in an MEP consulting firm
- BS Architectural Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree is an asset but will consider those without degrees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident
- Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills
- Prioritizes effectively in the face of shifting projects and deadlines
- Able to read Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Civil and Electrical drawings with supervision
- Familiarity with load calculation software, such as Trace 700
- Experience with BIM / Revit
- Qualifications for achieving Professional Engineering (PE) License
- LEED credential is desired
- Experience with sustainable design
- Environmentally minded with an understanding of energy and climate change issues
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities