MEP Mechanical/HVAC Design Engineer (3-7 years experience)
(Los Angeles, CA)
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you a motivated and creative MEP Mechanical Design Engineer?
- Do you have 3-7 years of solid MEP consulting firm experience?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Los Angeles, Ca office is seeking a MEP Mechanical Design Engineer to help lead the design of cutting edge, deep green buildings.
If you're the right person, you'll design HVAC and/or Plumbing systems for high-performance buildings in the Commercial, Higher Education, Science & Technology, Hospitality and Healthcare market sectors. Projects will typically pursue higher levels of LEED certification (Gold, Platinum), Net Zero Energy, WELL, and/or Living Building Challenge and range in size from 5,000 to over 1M square feet.
- Design mechanical systems
- Load calculations
- Equipment selection
- Analysis of equipment energy use for optimizing systems selection
- Developing system narratives (writing, organizing the document, develop images)
- CAD/BIM design
- Coordinate mechanical system design with architects and other consultants
- Writing specifications
- Review own work to ensure accuracy (rather than depend on peer review)
- Interact and work with diverse set of clients and subcontractors
- Performs other duties as needed and directed by managers
- 3-7 years of experience in a MEP consulting firm
- BS Architectural Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree is an asset but will consider those without degrees
- Excellent communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident
- Knowledge of Revit/AutoCAD
- Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills
- LEED AP
- PE License
- Experience with BIM
- Experience with sustainable design
- Environmentally minded with an understanding of energy and climate change issues
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities