MEP Project Manager
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you motivated and creative?
- Do you bring 5+ years of MEP or Construction PM experience?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Oakland office is seeking an experienced MEP Project Manager to manage and deliver cutting edge, deep green buildings. Our project types include sustainable higher education, science & technology, healthcare, mission critical, and commercial building projects.
- Work with the Integral’s Management Team (headed by Managing Principal) to control and coordinate business development, sales/marketing, team targets, team personnel/staffing, technical design and related activities
- Develop, establish, and administer procedures and systems pertaining to team management matters
- Prepare work load, sales forecasts and team resources/schedule for administrative and managerial functions
Project Work Forecasting
- Work with Principals in Charge to thoroughly review project proposals and contracts to ensure that:
- Project plans are set up in congruence with contractual documents
- Projects are managed against the inclusions/exclusions
- Additional services are requested when deemed necessary
- Provide workload forecasting as new projects are secured and provide progress analysis regarding prospective unsecured projects (integrating efforts of the Marketing Team)
- Update Integral accounting system information for effective use by the Management and Marketing Teams
- Recommend distribution of new work based on staff availability as established by the team workload requirements
- Serve as the principle liaison with selected clients or major projects
- Represent Integral Group at meetings with project clients and other project stakeholders as required
- Company representative at related association meetings, plus dealing with city, provincial and federal officials
- Mentor staff in all phases of design process and make recommendations to HR on training requirements
- Utilize leadership skills and motivation techniques to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction
- Affect and implement programs to improve the quality of our service, products and systems to meet client's requirements and expectations and to minimize costs and maximize the company's competitive position
- Instill the concept of quality being the responsibility of every design team member. Promote quality issues with all members and in particular ensures that the quality control function is effectively performed
- Utilize the quality assurance and control programs in the company
- Assure adequate field review services are provided to ensure adherence of contract documents
- 5+ years of MEP technical design and/or construction Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is an asset but will consider those without degrees
- Superior interpersonal skills with clients and staff
- Communication and coaching skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Project budgeting skills
- Able to promptly resolve team management problems
- Organized with exceptional prioritization skills and the ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- Time management skills; able to complete commitments in an accurate and timely manner
- Professional Engineer (P.E., CEng, PEng or equivalent)
- LEED Accreditation
- Experience with BIM/Revit
- Experience with sustainable design
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities