To produce CAD drawings and BIM models for our team of building services consultant engineers, working within existing CAD / BIM standards and within ISO 9001 procedures.
Role would be based in our London or any other place of business of the Company or its clients from time to time. You may in the performance of your duties be required to travel within the UK and abroad.
Duties & Responsibilities
Working closely with our engineers, you will be responsible for setting up and producing engineering CAD drawings and 3D models using AutoCAD and Revit. Additionally, you will be responsible for coordination of our services, final presentation of drawings and input into technical BIM processes (e.g. standard operating procedures, templates, developing new workflows, research & development, etc). New ideas and career development are encouraged. Able to give support and training to BIM designers when required.
Key Skill requirements
- Very experienced AutoCAD user with an extensive background in producing building services engineering CAD drawings (Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health disciplines).
- Very experienced in using Revit MEP to produce building services engineering 3D models. Experience with the following:
- Very good Understanding of Project browser setup and
- Very good understanding and experience using worksets
- Very good understanding and experience applying correct systems to the different services
- Very good understanding of view templates and adjusting the visibility setting
- Experienced setting up new views and sheets
- Very experienced with Family Creation
- Assist in Family content management
- Assisting in creation and management of Shared Parameters
- Copy/Monitoring Grids and Levels
- Exporting DWF/DXF/IFC/NWC/gbXML
- Very experience creating Mechanical, Electrical systems and Public Health Systems
- Scheduling when required
- Good experience with Navisworks Manage. Setting up models and running Clash reports and running through these clashes with the design teams.
- Excellent ability to read and understand engineering mark-ups drawings & the design.
- To have a good understanding of all MEP disciplines and be-able to carry out engineering tasks given by the PM on projects.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with the good ability to identify cross-discipline coordination issues.
- Experience of working in a building services consultancy and/or with a sub-contractor.
- Must have strong organisational skills, able to manage own workload and engineers expectations.
- Very good experience aligning to and understanding of BIM standards set by the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) on projects. This would include attending BIM start-up meetings and adding to the development of the BEP on projects.
- Show an interest in the development of BIM in our industry and being aware of the standards set to meet Level 2.
- Good experience as a Model management of all size projects. Being that key person who knows all on a project. Key tasks are as follow:
- Project setup – setting up coordinates and levels to suite project BEP. Setup of project browser, views and sheets at the start of the project that have been agreed with the project team.
- Management of the views, sheets and drawings lists
- Ensuring consistency between all disciplines.
- Policing/enforcing BIM standards including the use of Families and naming conventions which have been agreed on the projects ( internal or external documented in BEP)
- To be the point of contact for external BIM leads ( Architectural & Structural)
- To be the point of contact for that project internally for all aspects of the models and drawings (including issue dates, what is to be delivered and an excellent overall knowledge of the project).
- Monitoring and addressing health of project models (floating families, incorrect modelled element, incorrect worksets use, warnings, model size etc.)
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Support and training to Junior, Intermediate & Senior BIM Designers when required
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.