Senior Building Performance Engineer
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you motivated and creative?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Oakland office is seeking a Senior Building Performance Engineer with competency in building mechanical systems, building physics, thermodynamics and advanced building energy analysis. If you're the right person, you'll work in a variety of areas including building/system energy modeling, trend data analysis, and site audits. You'll lead, coach, organize, provide quality control for, and effectively utilize junior level staff to complete assigned projects. You'll effectively communicate with external and internal clients to ensure project deadlines/deliverables are met and explained. You'll also be responsible for proposal/qualification/fee development and strategizing on job pursuits.
We are a dynamic group seeking individuals who strive in a team environment solving technical problems and developing efficient work flows. We are interested to hear from you what work experience sets you apart, your interest in Integral Group as a place to work, and why you are interested in this opportunity now.
- Full competence in building mechanical and envelope systems design, building physics, psychrometrics, thermodynamics and advanced building energy analysis
- Full competence in interpreting information from engineering design drawings and documentation
- Full competence in structuring and conducting advanced analytical work and preparing advanced analytical reports
- Full competence in leading, coaching, and supervising staff with lower levels of responsibility and lesser qualification or experience
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize effectively in the face of shifting projects and deadlines
- Ability to provide project resourcing and financial planning to execute projects for team
- Team player
- Ability to solve complex problems (technical and project management)
- Ability to create deliverables and organize/strategize on how to communicate complex concepts
- 5-10 years of experience in building systems engineering, building physics, thermodynamics and advanced building energy analysis
- Experience managing clients, creating work plans, delegating work, and completing work on time and on budget
- Experience with building energy modeling software, primarily VE-IES (e.g. OpenStudio, EnergyPlus, eQuest, EnergyPro, and CBECC-Com)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and time management skills
- Responsible, accountable, dependable, and committed to excellence on all levels
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- LEED AP, BEMP, or CEMP preferred
- Master's Degree in a relevant field is considered an asset
Trust. Nurture. Inspire.
We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities