Electrical Design Engineer (California PE)
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you a motivated and creative Electrical Engineer?
- Do you have consulting experience?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Oakland office is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer with a California PE to lead the design of cutting edge, deep green buildings.
If you’re the right person, you’ll lead the design of electrical systems including electrical power distribution, lighting, daylighting, renewable energy, communications, security, and fire alarm systems for sustainable higher education, science & technology, healthcare, mission critical, and commercial building projects.
- Collaborate in multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners
- Plan project resources, maintaining schedules and budget
- Develop master and project specifications
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions
- Construction administration
- Mentor and share work experience knowledge for the benefit of other employees and the office
- Perform other tasks as needed to ensure timely and thorough support to our clients
- Active listening skills and the ability to resolve conflict within teams and client
- Able to provide electrical design and performance specifications for lighting, lighting controls, power and low voltage system
- Engineering calculations, equipment sizing and selection for low, medium and high voltage systems.
- Coordinate electrical system design with architects and other consultants
- Proficiency in BIM / Revit design
- Analysis of equipment energy use for optimizing systems selection
- Develop system narratives (writing, organizing the document, develop images)
- Review own work to ensure accuracy (rather than depend on peer review)
- Interact and work with diverse set of clients and subcontractors
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by managers
- California Professional Engineering (PE) License
- BS Architectural Engineering, BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree is an asset but will consider those without degrees
- Practical knowledge of building, electrical, fire codes and standards
- MEP Project Management experience will be considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident
- Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills
- Prioritizes effectively in the face of shifting projects and deadlines
- LEED credentials (GA or better)
- Experience with sustainable design
- Environmentally minded with an understanding of energy and climate change issues
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities