SENIOR DESIGNER - ELECTRICAL
- Are you an experienced and motivated electrical engineer?
- Do you have a passion for innovation and sustainable design?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
The Victoria office has 5 mechanical engineers and 2 electrical engineers involved in the design and construction of heat recovery, LED lighting, geothermal, and rainwater harvesting systems. The Senior Designer is a team player with the ability to receive and execute instructions from the Project Manager/Team Leader with minimal supervision. The individual has specific building services design experience in electrical distribution, communication systems, including access control and intrusion detection systems, and lighting design and controls for high rise residential, commercial and institutional buildings. Excellent communication skills are required. The incumbent is responsible for directing and supervising Junior and Intermediate Designers within their team.
- Set up and maintain design files
- Perform Cable calculations
- Perform lighting modelling
- LV, HV, control and lighting schematic design layout and final design with minimal supervision
- Ensure Integral design checklist is being followed
- Ensure Integral AutoCAD Standards are being followed
- Final motor list review or preparation
- Prepare or confirm all equipment selections using Integral selection procedures
- Co-ordinate or confirm service requirements/connections with the respective utility and/or municipal agencies
- Attend project progress meetings, provide updates for Project Managers and/or PIC (including field reviews to monitor project construction status)
- Attend field reviews/meeting with clients
- Review/supervise drafting, prepare/review mark ups
- Assist with fee proposal preparation
- Maintain client relations
- 5+ years design experience in LV, HV, control and lighting systems
- 2+ years AutoCAD experience
- Revit experience is an asset
- Ability to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings with minimal supervision
- Ability to apply prescriptive requirements of electrical building services engineering codes
- Ability to perform accurate detailed site surveys
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both inside and outside the office
- Able to “sketch” ideas
- Able to communicate ideas effectively in meetings with architects and consultants
- Professional Engineer (PEng), or Applied Science Technologist (AScT) designations are highly preferred
- LEED® Accredited Professional designation is an asset
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Integral Group is a global team of influencers who believe net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation. Located in fourteen offices across Canada, the US and the UK, we provide a full range of building system design and energy analysis services, with staff that are widely regarded as innovative leaders in their fields.
Our organization is designed to specifically meet the challenge of accelerating critical change in sustainable building practices. Our integrated approach to building systems design allows us to enhance opportunities that nature provides, working in harmony with a building’s environment to reduce its reliance on outside energy sources. For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
We offer a competitive compensation package, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
If you believe you have the above-mentioned qualifications and experience, we want to hear from you!
Back to Current Opportunities