MEP Commissioning Technician / Engineer
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you motivated and creative?
- Do you have 2 to 5 years of experience related to building commissioning?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainability and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Oakland office is seeking a Commissioning Technician / Engineer with working knowledge of building MEP systems. If you're the right person, you'll use your skills to work on a variety of high-performance, cutting edge, deep green building projects in the Commercial, Higher Education, Science & Technology, Hospitality and Healthcare market sectors. Your work will focus on verification of MEP systems operation in commissioned buildings, and you’ll assure timely and high-quality project turnover to clients. A significant part of your day-to-day commissioning tasks will be dedicated to generating Cx documents, developing Cx document templates and standardizing existing in-house Cx documentation.
- Knowledge of building MEP systems including HVAC, Lighting, Domestic Hot Water, PVs, and Building Control Systems
- Familiarity with Building and Energy Codes
- Familiarity with preparation of the following commissioning documents:
- Standard commissioning plans
- Pre-Functional Checklists & Functional Performance Tests
- Field Reports and Issues Logs
- System Manuals for commissioned buildings MEP Systems
- Final Commissioning Reports
- Familiarity with document selection, standardization and archiving for use on future projects
- Ability to work on multiple projects/sets of documents simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively in the face of shifting projects and deadlines
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Team player
- 2 to 5 years of experience related to Building Commissioning, including:
- Following Building Commissioning procedures -- LEED, T24, Cal Green, UPC, UBC, NEC, IGCC
- Developing commissioning procedures for MEP systems
- Experience working in the construction environment, including:
- Conducting site walkthroughs and generating site reports
- Holding construction meetings with Architects, Engineers, Contractors and Vendors
- Communicating ‘all things Cx’ to all Team members and analyzing feedback received
- Solid experience in MEP systems installation, operation and equipment troubleshooting
- Well-versed in mechanical engineering concepts
- Working knowledge of HVAC control and automation systems, system components, installation, verification and commissioning procedures
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Acrobat and BlueBeam software packages
- Responsible, accountable, dependable, and committed to excellence on all levels
- Background as an HVAC technician with well-documented field experience is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred but not required
Trust. Nurture. Inspire.
We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities