Sustainability Consultant (Oakland, CA)
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you ready to launch into a new phase of your career as a Sustainability Consultant?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Are you excited to work on some of the most far-reaching, innovative projects in California and beyond?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Oakland office is seeking a Sustainability Consultant to help lead the development of cutting edge, deep green buildings.
If you’re the right person, you’ll assist in the development and management of high performance projects including sustainability charrette facilitation, goal setting, benchmarking, certification program management, project management, whole building systems thinking, and design strategy development for sustainable higher education, science & technology, healthcare, mission critical, and commercial building projects.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, ACHIEVEMENTS AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience in administering LEED certification services (LEED Online) and providing sustainable design consulting
- LEED Accredited Professional certification
- University degree in Architecture, Building or Environmental engineering or sciences, or related equivalent
- Strong holistic understanding of global sustainable issues in our society at large as well as current best practices in sustainable building and community design
- Good understanding of resources and energy fundamentals, ecology, economy, passive building design principles and active building systems
- Creative thinker with exceptional collaboration skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to coordinate information with architects, building owners, contractors and other consultants
- Ability to engage, educate and enchant a diverse set of clients
- Exceptionally high standards for accuracy and quality of work
- Strong Google Apps and MS Office skills (especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Outstanding ability to adapt to change with grace and humor
- Enthusiastic to take on additional responsibilities, duties and tasks whenever necessary
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Further certification in other related engineering or science fields (i.e. sustainable engineering)
- Knowledgeable in using the latest version of Building Codes, ASHRAE Standards and sustainability reference standards
- Involvement with deep green projects (i.e. net zero energy, net zero water, Living Building Challenge, LEED Platinum, WELL, EcoDistricts)
- Facilitation experience
- Development and implementation of organizational sustainability frameworks
- Living Building Challenge Ambassador
- WELL Building Standard
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) experience, preferably with Tally and GaBi
- Experience with Revit and BIM systems is a bonus
- General understanding of EPD (environmental product declaration), and HPD (health product declaration)
- Demonstrated achievements learning new tools and methods to stay at the forefront of the industry
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities