Building Performance Analyst
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you motivated and creative?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Oakland office is seeking a Building Performance Analyst with competency in building HVAC and electrical systems, building physics, facades and passive design, thermodynamics, and advanced building energy analysis. We are a dynamic group seeking individuals who strive in a team environment solving technical problems and developing efficient work flows. The position will involve working on diverse types of work including building/system energy modeling, thermal comfort and passive design consulting, trend data analysis, site audits, statewide codes development, and utilities incentive program support.
We are interested to hear from you what work experience sets you apart, your interest in Integral Group as a place to work, and why you are interested in this opportunity now.
- Strong ability to understand HVAC/building systems
- Familiarity with building codes & standards
- Ability to use energy modeling simulation software, specifically VE-IES and OpenStudio
- Strong technical communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong ability in data manipulation and data analysis, with a familiarity with scripting, translation of data sets, and a solid background in spreadsheets
- Ability to produce reports, memos, and presentations to convey analytical results in a concise and understandable way for intended audience
- Ability and willingness to work within a team to balance workloads and share knowledge
- 2-4 years of experience in energy efficiency and building energy related industries
- Familiarity with building energy modeling software (e.g. VE-IES, OpenStudio, EnergyPlus, and CBECC-Com)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent background and experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and time management skills
- Responsible, accountable, dependable, and committed to excellence on all levels
- Excellent skills in using spreadsheet software (Excel) and ability to use and produce presentations (Powerpoint)
- EIT preferred
- ASHRAE BEMP, or CEMP preferred
- Experience working with energy utilities and energy efficiency incentive programs
- Programming, data processing, and software skills (e.g., python, ruby, SQL, other programming languages (e.g., C++)) for versatility is an asset
Trust. Nurture. Inspire.
We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities