Building Performance Engineer - 2018 Summer Internship
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you a motivated and creative engineering student prepared to work in a MEP consulting environment?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Oakland office is seeking a Building Performance Engineer Summer Intern to help analyze the performance of cutting edge, deep green buildings. This is a paid internship for Summer 2018.
If you’re the right person, you’ll work as a valuable part of our team learning energy modeling and analysis. The internship may involve working on diverse types of work including building/system energy modeling, trend data analysis, site audits, and utilities incentive program support.
Integral’s summer internship program provides an opportunity for hands-on learning about the dynamic and trend-setting industry of sustainable design. Our program offers an opportunity to learn about and participate in design, measurement, analysis and research & development. Plus—we have fun while doing it! You will work side-by-side with the engineers developing the newest, greenest, most innovative building systems and be responsible for completing a research project selected by the engineering staff. If you’ve got passion, drive, and the desire to learn about highly resource-efficient buildings, we’d like you to be part of our team. We’re leaders in the design of energy and water efficient buildings, and we compete and win against the largest firms in the industry.
We are interested to hear from you what sets you apart, your interest in Integral Group as a place to work, and why you are interested in this opportunity now.
- Passion for sustainability
- Able to understand HVAC systems/buildings and how they operate and use energy
- Able to interpret codes & standards for non-residential buildings
- Able to read and interpret building drawings, sections, details and specifications
- Able to use professional simulation software to understand how to perform peak thermal loads, assess thermal comfort, understand annual energy flows, and understand limitations of software for key purposes (such as code compliance, LEED, or speed of use)
- Able to develop reports, memos, presentations to convey modeling results in concise and understandable way for intended audience
- Able to work within a team to balance workloads and share knowledge
- Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills
- Organizational skills within a fast-paced work environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize effectively in the face of shifting projects and deadlines
- Motivated self-starter with inclination to learn
- Flexibility to perform other duties as needed and directed by managers
- Currently enrolled in an Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree program; Graduating year of 2018 or 2019 is highly preferred
- Analytical, problem solving, and modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: articulate, assertive, and confident
- Responsible, accountable, dependable, and committed to excellence on all levels
- Some experience with building energy modeling software (e.g. OpenStudio, EnergyPlus, IES, eQuest, EnergyPro, and CBECC-Com)
- Strong Excel and spreadsheet familiarity
- Additional programming, data processing, and software skills (e.g., Excel, python, ruby, SQL, other programming languages (e.g., C++)) for versatility is an asset
- Experience with sustainable design
- Environmentally minded with an understanding of energy and climate change issues
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package as well as training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities