Senior Accountant, Architecture / Engineering / Construction
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Do you have solid financial accounting, reporting, and analytic experience in a multi-company setting?
- Do you have strong management skills, with experience leading and mentoring teams?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Are you self-motivated with a desire for continual process improvement?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Vancouver office is seeking a Senior Accountant with experience in the Architecture / Engineering / Construction industry.
If you're the right person, you'll oversee the day-to-day operations of Integral Accounting Group, ensuring that all of the routines, transactions, timelines, and reporting requirements related to payroll, accounts payable, and general ledger are completed in good form and on time. You'll ensure that all financial transactions are captured correctly in the general ledger, coordinate monthly account reconciliations, and compile monthly working papers to support Integral’s financial statements.
- Set and maintain an unprecedented standard of customer service to the operational groups
- Support and guide the accounting team through their daily and monthly cycles
- Work with Global Controller to make sure processes are enforced
- Ensure payroll, AP, and general ledger routines are completed in good form and on time, on an ongoing basis
- Ensure timesheets are posted weekly
- Ensure payroll is completed on time
- PTO accrual done weekly and reconciled monthly
- Review monthly payroll reconciliations and accruals
- Ensure invoices, including credit card statements, are posted or accrued on time
- Ensure expense reports are correctly posted and administered
- Review and manage the payment process
- Review monthly account reconciliations and accruals
- General Ledger:
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Coordinate with Payroll and AP to make sure all monthly reconciliations are done
- Coordinate with Global Controller on month end close, ensuring all deadlines are adhere to
- Coordinate quarterly internal audit in compliance with GAAP, as the basis for the end of year audit to be done by external auditors
- Accounting designation or equivalent field experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in full cycle accounting and analysis in a multi-company environment
- Minimum 10 years experience in a mid sized engineering/architectural design firm
- Minimum 5 years experience leading a team of 3 or more through the full accounting cycle
- Excellent computer skills (must have strong MS Office skills)
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills
- Proven ability to learn new systems quickly
- Knows when to escalate an issue
- Understands the need for discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Personal growth and development interest
- Experience using Deltek Vision
Trust. Nurture. Inspire.
We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world. For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies.
We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities