Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you experienced, motivated and a people person?
- Do you want to work for a company that is innovative, sustainable and environmentally responsible?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to our team?
If so, we want to hear from you!
The HR Generalist will provide a variety of human resource services to support the Integral Group offices. The incumbent will work closely with the People Director in supporting human resource processes and initiatives such as: safety, compliance, benefits management, recruitment, onboarding, training & development, performance management, analytics, retention and special projects under the direction of the People Director. It is expected that the HR Generalist will provide a point of contact for staff in all locations to answer general personnel-related queries as well as answer queries related to policies, company practices or employment matters in a timely fashion. Additionally, the HR Generalist will maintain a productive, professional and dynamic culture in alignment with our company values: Trust, Nurture and Inspire.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages Canadian safety program and employment compliance
- Manages benefits including plan renewals, fielding employee questions/issues, Open Enrollment and compliance requirements
- Processes terminations
- Act as point of contact to answer personnel related queries for staff in all Canadian offices
- Coach senior leadership and managers on employee relations matters including Performance Improvement Plans, promotions, and job modifications
- Manage employee leaves and workers’ comp
- Produces employee documents (i.e., Promotion/salary increase letters) and internal HR correspondence
- Manages immigration applications
- Updates job descriptions as required
- Updates policies/manuals as required
- Organizes semi-annual employee performance reviews
- Manages People Department information on Company intranet
- Additional duties and tasks as required
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as an HR Generalist providing support to staff in multiple locations
- Post-secondary degree/diploma/certificate specializing in human resources or related area
- Proficient in local, provincial (BC, AB, ON) and federal employment law and best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of each of the key areas of HR provision including but not limited to: recruitment & selection, compensation & benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, personal & career development, retention, termination, policy & process etc
- Ability to produce quality documents, confidentially, and quickly
- Organized with exceptional prioritization skills and the ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- Ability to work effectively within a group with 'team spirit' as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision
- Superior attention to detail
- Ongoing training may involve professional development courses
- Experience in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry, professional services firm, consulting engineering or a related engineering or technical discipline is highly preferred
- Experience with Jazz or a similar ATS is preferred
- Familiarity with Deltek Vision an asset
- Passion for sustainable human performance, wellness and healthy workplaces
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
If you believe you have the above-mentioned qualifications and experience, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities