MEP Water Systems / Plumbing Design Engineer (0-2 years experience)
(Los Angeles, CA)
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you motivated and creative?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Los Angeles, CA office is seeking an entry level water systems designer / plumbing engineer to help design cutting edge, deep green buildings. We are looking for someone who is passionate about water conservation and eager to begin a career in MEP consulting.
If you’re the right person, you’ll help design piping systems for sustainable schools, libraries, civic buildings, museums, critical environments (laboratories, data centers, and cleanrooms) and other building types.
- With guidance and oversight from the Senior Design Staff, provide assistance as follows:
- Ensure Integral’s BIM/Revit Standards are being followed
- Maintain BIM/Revit files
- Coordinate plumbing project requirements
- Perform detailed check of work prior to returning finished product to technical staff
- Help design plumbing systems as well as select and schedule equipment
- Perform and document design calculations
- Produce design documentation in BIM/Revit as well as coordinating with other disciplines
- Research design options and document findings
- Assist in editing project plumbing specifications
- Review of submittals, responding to RFI’s and preparing document changes during construction administration phase of a project
- Organize and maintain project files
- Inform Team Leader of changes in workload and project scope, design issues or time/budget constraints that may impact initial assignment
- 0-2 years of Water Systems / Plumbing Design experience in an MEP consulting firm
- BS Architectural Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree is an asset but will consider those without degrees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident
- Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills
- Prioritizes effectively in the face of shifting projects and deadlines
- Able to read Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Civil and Electrical drawings with supervision
- Familiarity with load calculation software, such as Trace 700
- Some knowledge of plumbing and building codes
- Experience with BIM / Revit
- Qualifications for achieving Professional Engineering (PE) License
- LEED credential is desired
- Experience with sustainable design
- Environmentally minded with an understanding of energy and climate change issues
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.
Back to Current Opportunities